Things you need to know.
Eligibility for Individual Grants, Approval Process & Terms
Special Angels Foundation may provide available Grants for resources needed based on the applicant meeting the following criteria:
- ■ Requires letter of medical necessity from primary pediatric specialist, pediatrician, therapist, social worker or IEP.
- ■ Child must be under age 18
- ■ Child must reside within the United States
- ■ Must be a US citizen.
- ■ Quality of Life must be qualified by our Medical Advisory Board or your licensed physician. An IEP may be considered.
- ■ Denial of assistance from other medical resources must be verified by a denial letter.
Special Angels Foundation does not provide funding or grants for:
- X Medical research.
- X Miscellaneous care items.
- X Items the Board / Medical Advisory Committee does not deem to be a medical or quality of life item.
- X Non- traditional/ alternative medical services, if in the boards opinion, would not improve the child's quality of life.
Process for Received Applications:
- ✔ Applications for grant requests will be forwarded to our Medical Advisory Committee.
- ✔ The committee will have up to 3 months after they receive the application to review, visit applicant if deemed necessary and qualify the application for approval or denial of the grant.
- ✔ The Medical Advisory Committee will bring the recommendations to the next scheduled board meeting of Special Angels Foundation for discussion and final decision.
- ✔ The applicant will be notified of the boards decision within 2 weeks of the board meeting.
- ✔ Awarded grants will be remitted within 2 months of notification. Mobility equipment will be ordered upon the approval of request and be delivered as soon as possible.
- ✔ Grants for therapy will be awarded to the facility providing the therapy.
- ✔ Grant requests for Durable Medical Equipment will be purchased by Special Angels Foundation and distributed to the individual family.
- ✔ Family must sign a release of medical information form.
Terms of Agreement for Grant Recipients
- ▣ Mobility requests are limited to wheelchairs, ramps, lifts, walkers and any other items the Medical Advisory Committee deems necessary.
- ▣ Grant and mobility equipment must be used in compliance with the purpose stated in the application.
- ▣ The Grant recipient agrees to assist Special Angels Foundation with promotions by allowing us to:
1. Use individual(s) and family member(s) names for any / all Southern California publications, press releases, PDA’s, social media, etc.
2. The use of photography or film of the child(ren) and/or family to whom it provides service for publication in printed material, promotional videos, TV appearances, websites, etc.
- ▣ Personal appearances by child(ren) and families receiving grant assistance may be requested.
- ▣ Applicants requesting grants will allow a member of Special Angels Foundation to visit the home for further evaluation if needed.
- ▣ Special Angels Foundation will be in attendance to take pictures during the award presentation or at the time of delivery of mobility equipment when possible.
If all terms of this agreement are met, it will be the responsibility of Special Angels Foundation to provide such funding as awarded per the Medical Advisory Committee to an individual as approved by the Board within the time frame agreed upon. If for any reason, Special Angels Foundation.org, Inc. ceased to exist, all terms of the agreement will be null and void. If this occurs, all grants awarded will continue.
Please share this information with your friends, patients and clients who may be able to benefit from this program.
Special Angels Foundation Grant Application